Hiring Practices for Hiring Freelance Designers
By Rob Williams
Staff shortages (or surpluses) eat up profits at a lot of companies. Yet, they’re totally predictable. Hiring the right freelancer is a huge advantage for your startup or small business – and these articles will show you how to do it.
- A Fiverr experiment – The $5 logo
- How to write a great project brief by answering 3 questions
- How to get the most out of a freelance designer as a startup founder
- How to break down the scope of your project
- How to hire a web designer without getting burned
- How to write a job post that attracts the right candidate off job boards or Workable
- Your options – A Short Field Guide To Finding Designers
- The Startup’s Guide to Budget Design
- “How much does a website cost?” and other pricing questions
- How to take the risk out of hiring freelancers
- Pros and Cons of major hiring platforms
About Rob Williams...
I run Folyo which helps freelance designers find the work they were meant to do. I also host Freelance a podcast about how to be more effective at independent work featuring remote companies like Disney, Basecamp, YNAB, ConvertKit and more.
Independent Design Jobs and RFPs That Help You Live Your Best Life
We hand-screen every job and RFP site so you can find the work you were meant to do more easily. Save time, make a great living, and stay independent.