Jonathan Stark on website pricing and value propositions
Written by Robert Williams
On this call Jonathan goes over:
- The first thing you need to know when analyzing your website (6:11).
- How to position yourself as a Kickstarter-focused designer (19:50).
- When and how to add a risk-reversal to your website (21:00).
- A better way approach pricing on a sales call, using productized services (26:38).
- How to figure out who you’re talking to if you’re specializing in one area (40:10).
- The problem with positioning yourself as a white-label shop for other agencies (43:47).
- A deep-dive on differentiating between strategy and implementation for your agency (54:00).
- How to approach positioning when you’re transitioning from a full-time job to a freelance role (58:00).
I help underwater design agencies fix staff shortages quickly and come back up for air. I run Folyo, a private referral community of product designers, and I host Freelance, a podcast about how to work independently.
The best clients come from referrals
Folyo is a product design referral newsletter and community for designers and agencies looking to get more client work. Members get exclusive product design opportunities sent to their inbox almost daily.