Jonathan Stark on website pricing and value propositions
By Rob Williams
On this call Jonathan goes over:
- The first thing you need to know when analyzing your website (6:11).
- How to position yourself as a Kickstarter-focused designer (19:50).
- When and how to add a risk-reversal to your website (21:00).
- A better way approach pricing on a sales call, using productized services (26:38).
- How to figure out who you’re talking to if you’re specializing in one area (40:10).
- The problem with positioning yourself as a white-label shop for other agencies (43:47).
- A deep-dive on differentiating between strategy and implementation for your agency (54:00).
- How to approach positioning when you’re transitioning from a full-time job to a freelance role (58:00).
About Rob Williams...
I run Folyo which helps freelance designers find the work they were meant to do. I also host Freelance a podcast about how to be more effective at independent work featuring remote companies like Disney, Basecamp, YNAB, ConvertKit and more.