Jonathan Stark on website pricing and value propositions
By Rob Williams
On this call Jonathan goes over:
- The first thing you need to know when analyzing your website (6:11).
- How to position yourself as a Kickstarter-focused designer (19:50).
- When and how to add a risk-reversal to your website (21:00).
- A better way approach pricing on a sales call, using productized services (26:38).
- How to figure out who you’re talking to if you’re specializing in one area (40:10).
- The problem with positioning yourself as a white-label shop for other agencies (43:47).
- A deep-dive on differentiating between strategy and implementation for your agency (54:00).
- How to approach positioning when you’re transitioning from a full-time job to a freelance role (58:00).
About Rob Williams...
I run Folyo which helps freelance designers find the work they were meant to do. I also host Freelance a podcast about how to be more effective at independent work featuring remote companies like Disney, Basecamp, YNAB, ConvertKit and more.
Independent Design Jobs and RFPs That Help You Live Your Best Life
We hand-screen every job and RFP site so you can find the work you were meant to do more easily. Save time, make a great living, and stay independent.