Part Time Admin Job for Someone Who Loves to Help Customers
Hi, I’m Rob. I run a small business from my home in Menifee, CA. The business is called Folyo. Folyo connects designers and other creatives to awesome job and contract opportunities, where they can work independent, from home, and get paid. (It helps designers all over the world make a living (to the tune of millions of dollars last I checked).
I’m hiring a part time administrative assistant to help me find more of these opportunities, create better content for the site, and run the operations for the business. First things first:
- The pay sucks. Meaning, you won’t get rich at this job. The pay is $10/hour. It can be some extra spending money, sure. However, if you’re looking for a job to support a household then you’re probably not interested.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- You get to work from home or the library or wherever you have a quiet, calm environment, and a fast internet connection.
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for me and helping me with a mix of projects and support.
- I’m not big on stress. So, while I will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, I focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. Two long days a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid morning until mid afternoon? Cool, we can do that too.
- You will make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
Now, let’s take a peek at this role:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff.
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
- You will be on Zoom video calls a lot. So, you need to enjoying talking with people and giving/getting direction. A fast internet connection, and webcam is needed.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making customers feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done halfassed. It’s better if you to slow things down and get them done right.
- You need to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect) that is totally cool. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help me run the business.
I don’t expect perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. I can teach you pretty much everything you’ll need.
I do expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick Slack message.
To learn more about Folyo, take a peek at Folyo.me. This is a part time, admin job. The pay is $10 an hour and the expected hourly load will be 15-20 per week.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “YO FOLYO” in the subject line. Yep, that’s a little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks who are truly interested in this position.
I’m looking to bring my new admin on board as soon as possible, but I will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video along with your introduction email. In your video tell me why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you can’t wait to meet you!